Respect for privacy and the protection of personal data is part of Mer Holding's corporate culture. This enables us to maintain an environment in which our customers, suppliers and other Mer Holding stakeholders trust us to process their personal data.
Mer Germany GmbH Mer Services GmbH and Mer Solutions GmbH are part of the Mer Group and operate this website together and as such share the responsibility of data protection.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
Mer Group collects personal data in order to operate effectively and to provide you with necessary services and requested information. We process customer and supplier data, including:
- Contact information of the data subjects that you provide to us
- Information on accounts
- Expenditure thresholds, expenditure and expenditure patterns
- details of what you can do on behalf of the organisation you represent (customers and suppliers)
We also process environmental and social management data, including information about local stakeholders such as livelihood information, health, contact information and other similar information.
We also process other partner and stakeholder data, including information about politicians, press contacts and journalists, and relevant interest groups.
WHY WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mer Group processes your personal data in order to provide goods or services to or from you or your organisation.
For example, we will process your personal data:
- to ensure good communication guidelines with our suppliers and customers
- to ensure the security and availability of our services
- to improve our services and communication channels
for marketing and other customer relationship and management purposes
for contract management purposes
- for managing trade services
- for communication and social media purposes
- for audit, control and verification purposes
- in order to answer your inquiries
- for emergency procedures
- for due diligence purposes
- for procurement purposes
- for recruitment purposes
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect your personal information from a variety of sources. Some of this data you provide directly through an accounts receivable or accounts payable relationship. Other data is collected from your activities as a customer, supplier or other stakeholder. We also receive data from other sources.
Here are some situations in which we process your personal data:
1. information provided by you, such as:
- When you enter into contracts or agreements with us
- When you send us forms
- When you access our websites or use our social media platforms
- If you set up a customer or supplier account with us
- If you send us e-mails or contact us via other means, in particular via the contact form provided by us
2. information we receive from your activities as a customer, supplier or other stakeholder, such as:
- Your use of our trading portals
- Your use of our websites
- When you order goods or services from us
3. information collected from third parties, such as:
- Credit institutions
- Other publicly available information
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mer Group retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected. Your personal data will be stored and deleted in accordance with applicable laws.
REASONS WHY WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We share your personal information with the following:
Other companies in the Mer Group
To the extent necessary to fulfill any of the above purposes, your information will be shared with other companies within the Mer Group.
The Mer Group is currently implementing Binding Corporate Rules (BCR). The BCRs will provide a legal basis for intra-group transfers of personal data outside the EU/EEA and will be binding on the entire Mer Group.
We use a number of suppliers to provide services such as IT services and support, cloud services, etc. We may allow these suppliers access to your personal data to the extent relevant to the provision of the service.
We will agree appropriate order processing agreements with our suppliers to protect your privacy. Where processors outside the EU/EEA are used, we will ensure that there is a legal basis for the transfer of personal data.
We will also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, by order or request of a court, administrative agency or governmental body, or in response to legal process.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mer Group is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information.
- We manage information so that it is accurate, readily available and handled according to its sensitivity.
- We use a variety of security technologies and information security procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- We restrict access to your personal data only to persons or third parties who are contracted by Mer to process that data. These parties are subject to strict confidentiality requirements and Mer may sanction or terminate the agreement if these conditions are not met.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Mer Group is responsible for and has the authority to make the key decisions about the purposes and means of processing your personal data. The various Mer subsidiaries are responsible for selected processing activities within their area of responsibility.
LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mer Group will only process personal data if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract of which the data subject forms part or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to the conclusion of the contract
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data.
You have the right to ask us at any time:
- provide you with further information on the use of your personal data
- provide you with a copy of the information you have provided to us
- update/correct your personal data
- provide you with information about the logic involved in the automated processing of your personal data in the case of automated decision making
- delete all personal information for which we no longer have legal grounds to process it
- provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or transfer the data to another processor
- to stop a particular processing operation where this is based on legitimate interests, unless our reasons for processing the information outweigh the interference with your data protection rights
- restrict the use of your data while a complaint is being investigated
- submit a complaint using the contact details in this privacy statement or to the relevant regulatory authority
HOW TO REACH US
If you have any queries, questions or complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Mer Germany GmbH
Mer Service GmbH
Mer Norway AS
Mer Sweden AB
77 252 47 Helsingborg
Mer UK Ltd
19th Floor, 22 Bishopsgate
London EC2N 4BQUK
ABOUT THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement is based on the transparency requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulation).